https://initiativeafrica.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/VAW.jpg 113 283 initiativeadmin http://initiativeafrica.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/IA-Logo-HD-White-288x300.png initiativeadmin2021-03-18 13:16:592021-03-18 13:16:59Ways to Stop Violence Against Women
- Create laws and enforce existing laws that protect women from discrimination and violence, including rape, beatings, verbal abuse, mutilation, torture, “honor” killings and trafficking.
- Educate community members on their responsibilities under international and national human rights laws.
- Promote the peaceful resolution of disputes by including the perspectives of women and girls.
- Strengthen women’s ability to earn money and support their households by providing skills training for women.
- Sensitize the public to the disadvantages of early and forced child marriages.
- Highlight the value of girls’ education and of women’s participation in economic development.
- Encourage women to participate in the political process and educate the public about the value of women’s votes.
- Raise public awareness of the poor conditions some women face, particularly in rural areas. Source
Young African Leaders Initiative