Business for Peace Project
Duration: 6 months
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and diligent Intern with exceptional writing and communication skills to work alongside our Project Management Team on our Business for Peace project at Initiative Africa. We offer the opportunity to assist in coordination and management of a varied portfolio projects in a dynamic working environment with high professional standards.
- Excellent command of English and Amharic (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of another local language is an advantage
- Graduate University degree( preferably MA) in International Relations, Political Science, International Business, Economics, peace and security, development , or related subjects
- Strong interest in economic development, business and, peace and poverty reduction
- Modest experience in development or business /peace sector is a plus.
- Academic level writing and research skills
- High computer literacy (MS Office)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment under deadline pressures
- Ability to manage own workload independently, time, multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Detail oriented and proactive
- Team oriented and keen to collaborate
- The intern has a primary responsibility to assist in managing administrative, technical and financial aspects of assigned projects.
- Do advanced research work related to the project ( web search ,consult key publication etc)
- Assist in the drafting of project reports ,working documents, concept notes etc
- Assist in organizing logistics related to travel, workshop and contracts of project participants
- Assist in the drafting TORs for experts , researchers and consultants
- Upon approval from management, communicate with relevant stakeholders about the project and expectations
- Upon approval from management attend meetings and briefings related to the project
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program Manager and management team of IA
What we offer:
- 6 months internship trial period
- Monthly transportation and communication stipend
- Opportunity to rapidly learn and acquire skills in high demand in the world of international development
- Transition to full employment upon successful completion of a trial period
- Exceptionally good interns might be offered the opportunity to travel and gain more experience in the world of business and peace.
If interested please send your CV and motivation statement to email@example.com with the title “Internship opportunity with Initiative Africa”
- We strongly encourage women candidates to apply.